History of MLLC
History of MLLC PDF Print E-mail
Written by peaceout   

maple treeMaple Leaf Lutheran Church was first incorporated in 1946 at the present location on 32nd Northeast. It was directly across the street from Maple Leaf Elementary School and so took the name Evangelical Lutheran Church at Maple Leaf School.

The first September service had 18 people attending and 8 pupils in Sunday School and by early 1947 rose to 50 attendees and work on construction of the church and the parsonage began The church building was dedicated in November 1948 with 155 members at that time.

In the early 1950's a live broadcast on radio was done of our church service in the Seattle area and such things as  new paraments were  made, the altar guild was formed, a day nursery was instituted and plans were begun for the remodel of the Sanctuary in the late 50's. The fellowship that we enjoy to this day after the service was begun in 1957.

Last Updated ( Sunday, 22 March 2009 )
Read more...
 
Joomla School Template by Joomlashack
School Joomla Templates and Joomla Tutorials