At Maple Leaf Lutheran Church we reach out and serve our community through our companion non-profit organization, Meadowbrook Community CARE (MC2). It is a partnership consisting of both church and community members which make up the governing Board of Directors.
MC2 was incorporated in 2008 for the purpose of enriching North Seattle through services that support, educate and engage the community.
MC2's programs include:
Lake City Holiday Project
Lake City After School Project
Meadowbrook Garden and Orchard
Meadowbrook Creek Stewardship
For more information, visit the MC2 Website today!
Maple Leaf has so many ways you can be involved, and another way to participate is through our committees and ministry teams. Itís a great way to meet other members and use your talents to serve God.
Are you handy? Consider dedicating some time to the Property Committee. Do you like to help organize or contribute to special events? Family Ministry could use your help. Are you interested in community outreach programs? The Mission Committee is a great place to start.
Itís hard when youíre new and donít know where to get involved. These committees are eager for new volunteers, so give the church office a call (524-2448) and we'll get you connected. See the "ministry team" tab under "About us" for more information on some of the committees and teams we have here at Maple Leaf Lutheran Church. Here's info about some that aren't listed there:
Stewardship Committee: Stewardship refers to the way we use our time and money in our lives, and particularly in our church. We encourage our members to discover and use their spiritual gifts. We also challenge our members to recognize God's gift of abundance in our lives and to commit a portion of that for the work of this church. How do we do this?
- Provide educational opportunities for our members to discover their spiritual gifts
- Encourage giving through annual pledging
- Oversee weekly offering counters, provide offering envelopes for all givers
- Sponsor a yearly dinner to share the many facets of giving and to thank all donors
Evangelism Team: The Evangelism Committee facilitates activities which seek to reach people outside the walls of the church. It is a new committee which has sponsored activities such as Friendship Weekend and Trunk or Treat.
Education Committee: The Education Committee oversees the following education opportunities for members of all ages at Maple Leaf:
- Sunday School: 3 years to 6th grade
- Confirmation: 7th and 8th grade
- Teen Forum: High School
- Adult Forum
- Vacation Bible School
- Bible Studies
- Assorted service projects with the kids
Endowment: The purpose of the Endowment Committee is:
- To receive gifts and bequests for the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ;
- To encourage the stewardship of members and friends of Maple Leaf Lutheran Church through charitable gift giving;
- To provide a sustaining resource of funds for future ministries apart from the general operation of the congregation.
Property: The Church Property Committee is dedicated to the maintenance and care of this facility. It is our intent to keep it available for our use as well as others as a meeting place, while still maintaining it as a place of worship. Our goal is to ensure that this is a safe, clean, and comfortable place every time you or anyone else needs its use.